HOW TO CHANGE MAC ADDRESS OF YOUR WINDOWS PC?
If you are not an expert of technology, you will surely not be able even to make the smallest changes to your system. This can be a problem in the long run. However, if you use the system regularly, it is only natural that you would be required to make some basic changes to your computer every now and then. People who are Mac or iOS users have to face even more difficult when making smallest changes to the system. Many people are not even aware of how to change mac address of your windows PC. In this article, we bring you a quick guide on how to make these basic changes on your system.
Purpose of MAC address
Every Apple device comes with a MAC address. This address is helpful to establish a secure network connection. The address of your device is also the simplest way to identify your device changes. All manufacturers assign individual addresses to your device in specific numerical and alphabetical orders.
How is your MAC address helpful?
The Mac address of your device is definitely helpful because it helps to detect, diagnose and solve issues of the system accurately. However, it is also possible to change the address of the device to access the device more easily for the users. The address can be changed if you have simple information on how to do it.
How to change the address on windows?
It is fairly easy to change your Mac address on the windows if you exactly know what to do. If you have a detailed and easy guide to follow to change the address on windows, you will be surprised at how easy it all is.
- You can open your device manager on the control panel. The control panel is situated on the system and can be searched easily.
- As soon as you open the device manager, you will see a long list of options.
- Choose ‘network adapters’ option.
- When you click on the adapter option, a smaller tab will open. Right click on the option that describes your device.
- After you right click, you will see smaller pop up from where you should pick ‘properties’.
- Right click on the properties to open smaller windows and choose the ‘advanced’ options.
- When you double right click on the advanced tab, you will see a value category that opens. You can enter the new address for your Mac device.
- You will have to restart your device to apply the changes.
- Repeat the same process once the device restarts to check if the changes have been applicable or not.
It is surely easy to change the Mac address on your windows PC if you have proper knowledge of how to do it. Simple steps can be followed and the address will change in no time. The only idea is to follow the steps accurately to avoid bringing any error to your system.